Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Quotes of the Week

I was getting my 5-year old to make her Christmas list yesterday. She struggled to think of anything. Finally after prodding her with toy flyers, online sites, and questions she came up with about a dozen things including stocking stuffers. I explained to her that (although her list was short) she might not get everything on it (she had asked for a trip to Disney). She kind of crinkled her nose and waved her hand around and said, "I know. I know. It's okay. I wouldn't be mad if I got three or four things. I would be happy. Then she paused. Her face lit up and she said,

"I would be so surprised if I got cash or money or something!"

****

Last night my brother was over. I offered him some homemade soup.

He looked at it and said, "no thanks".

About an hour later I guess he decided to sample it and then asked,

"how is it that you can make things that look so disgusting and taste so good?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think... were you entertained? Has this happened to you? Let me know with your comment